The abbey was founded by Benedictine monks of Cluny in 1446 above an important Roman crossroads leading to Rome. After a period of majesty during the XVII century, it was suppressed in 1797 and assigned to the female hospital of Brescia.
In 1969 it returns to the Olivetan monks and since that moment they work with dedication to the renovation of the building.
The abbey preserves pieces of great value. Not to be missed: the “crucifixion” situated in the refectory, the eighteen-century frescos in Saint Nicholas church, a painting of Moretto dated 1545, the wooden choir dated 1480, the frescos of Barbelli in the sacristy, the allegorical frescos of Pietro da Marone and the frescos of Romanino in the guest house.
For any information please fill the following form: