The Santissima is a place of devotion built on the top of the hill Barbisone in Gussago, in the late Middle Ages.
From 1479, for three centuries, it was the site of a Dominican monastery: the friars made it an important place of prayer, a supply center of agricultural products and a shelter during the plagues. The beauty and the peace of this Sanctuary was underlined by Carlo Borromeo in the apostolic visitation of 1580.
From 2010 the Santissima is owned by the Comune of Gussago.
For any information please fill the following form: