The center of the Castle is a Roman fortress. In 1270 Inverardo from Bornato enlarged and reinforced it with a circle of walls with towers, trenches and a lift bridge. In 1562 the castle was ceded to Gandini family which emblem is still affixed at the entrance. Gandini family added a new wing with frescoed rooms and perfected the façade. Inside the castle there is a park of centuries-old trees which offers a glimpse of the Appennini and villa Orlando built in 1500. Outside the walls we reach villa Monterossa, one of the most significant historical and architectural testimony of Franciacorta. The building includes the sighting tower of Olofredi dated 1200, the residence dated 1400 and the majestic staircase dated 1700 and designed by abbot Marchetti.
For any information please fill the following form: